Every day, thousands of people put great effort--and money--into becoming more effective leaders, through seminars, personal coaching, and employee development plans. These undertakings can do wonders to help leaders of all stripes improve their effectiveness. But not every leader finishes what he or she starts--and many revert back to less effective habits, often without even realizing it. Leadership Sustainability is key to ensuring you stick with all the positive changes you’ve made.
Dave Ulrich teams up with leadership expert Norm Smallwood to go where no leadership guide has gone. This dream team provides sophisticated, proven leadership sustainability ideas and tools that you can put to use immediately.
Leadership Sustainability helps you turn good intentions into effective actions by mastering seven critical disciplines:
- Simplicity: Focus on the few key behaviors that will have the most impact.
- Time: Allocate your time so your calendar matches your intentions.
- Accountability: Take personal responsibility for doing what you say you will do.
- Resources: Support your leadership with effective, ongoing coaching and HR systems.
- Tracking: Develop metrics for measuring your leadership improvement.
- Melioration: Learn from your mistakes and demonstrate resilience.
- Emotion: Draw on deep personal values to keep yourself motivated.
The journey to great leadership doesn't end with learning and implementing effective new skills. Great leadership is about consistency, and the drive for consistency is a never-ending process. Use Leadership Sustainability to ensure leadership greatness today, tomorrow, and for the rest of your life.